- Important news: The Clean Vehicles Directive has been revised. Read more
- European Green Deal: ambitious new law agreed to deploy sufficient alternative …
- Fit for 55 package: Council adopts its position on three texts relating to the …
- Animated video introducing the new EAFO portal is published. Watch the video
- Important news: Parliament adopts its position on AFIR. Read more
Road: reports by country
View interactive infographics containing up-to-date statistics on infrastructure and fleet data for road vehicles, private and commercial.
Available for all EU countries, including a EU27 summary view.
Other transport modes
Information and data visualisations on infrastructure rollout and fleet statistics for rail, shipping and aviation. Available on an EU level.
Policymakers & public authorities
‘Fit for 55’: Council adopts regulation on CO2 emissions for new cars and vans
The Council today adopted a regulation setting stricter CO2 emission performance standards for new cars and vans. The new rules aim to reduce emissions from road transport that has the highest share of emissions from transport - and provide the right push for the automotive industry to shift towards
European Green Deal: ambitious new law agreed to deploy sufficient alternative fuels infrastructure
The Commission welcomes the political agreement reached between the European Parliament and the Council to boost the number of publicly accessible electric recharging and hydrogen refuelling stations in particular across the European Union's main transport corridors and hubs.
25% BEV Share In Europe!
Europe’s passenger plugin electric car market had a historic month in December, with 413,500 registrations. That is a massive 46% improvement over the previous month of November, which had already beaten the December 2020 record of 282,000 units.