Incentives and Legislation
Incentives and legislation that aim to increase uptake of alternative fuels vehicles and infrastructure.
If you know of other national or local incentives that should be included in this section, please send us an email and let us know.
- Registration tax benefits
Zero-emission passenger cars and vans are exempt from registration tax as of 1 October 2021.
- Ownership tax benefits
Electric vehicles pay the minimum rate (5 %) of the CO2-based registration tax.
- Company tax benefits
- Tax deduction of €170 per month from taxable value (income tax) for BEVs in 2021-2025.
- Charging of electric vehicles at workplace is exempt from income tax (2021-2025)
- Purchase subsidies
- Purchase incentive of €2,000 granted for households to purchase or lease a new BEV in class M1 and M1G, provided value ≤ €50,000. Incentive is valid in 2018-2023.
- Purchase incentive of €2,000 to €6,000 for electric vans in 2022-2025.
- Purchase incentive of €6,000 to €50,000 for electric trucks in 2022-2025
- AF infrastructure incentives
A 30 % subsidy for building > 11 kW public charging stations and 35 % subsidy for building > 22 kW fast charging stations
Users will be able to charge BEVs and PHEVs at the workplace and at public charging points tax-free. The tax value of on-the-job charging is currently EUR 30 per month. This benefit will also be valid for a limited period, 2021-2023.