Incentives and Legislation
Incentives and legislation that aim to increase uptake of alternative fuels vehicles and infrastructure.
If you know of other national or local incentives that should be included in this section, please send us an email and let us know.
- Registration tax benefits
- Regions provide an exemption (either total or 50%) for alternatively-powered vehicles (ie electric, HEVs, CNG, LPG and E85).
- BEVs, FCEVs, PHEVs (with a range of > 50km) are exempt from the mass-based malus
- Company tax benefits
Exemption from CO2-based tax component (‘TVS’) for vehicles emitting less than 60g CO2/km (apart from diesel vehicles).
- Purchase subsidies
Bonus to buy car or van with ≤ 20g CO2/km:
- €6,000 for households, if vehicle ≤ €45,000
- €4,000 for legal persons, vehicle ≤ €45,000
- €2,000 for households and legal persons:
- Vehicle between €45,000 and €60,000
- FCEV vans and cars, or vans > €60,000 Bonus cars or vans > 21 and ≤ 50g CO2/km:
- €1,000 for households, vehicle ≤ €50,000
Bonus BEV or FCEV heavy-duty vehicles:
- €50,000 for N2/N3 vehicles
- €30,000 for M2/M3 vehicles
Scrappage scheme for purchase of secondhand or new vehicles with ≤ 50g CO2/km, price ≤ €60,000:
- Cars: up to €5,000, based on income
- Vans: up to €9,000, based on the weight